There are two primary mechanisms used to connect to on-premises databases. If neither of the options below work for your organization, our integration experts will work with you to accommodate your unique circumstances.
- If your database can be reached publicly over the internet, allow these IP addresses:
184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11 18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124
- From the Simon left navigation, expand settings then click Integrations. Scroll to SQL Server and enter your credentials then click Save Changes.
- Click Test Connection.
If your data warehouse can only be reached from your internal network, we establish a VPN connection to your network. While we can support “site-to-site” VPNs, the typical setup is to give Simon an account on your regular VPN (with a username and password) and our integration team will establish a VPN connection from there. You won't need to change anything else about your network.
We need this information from you:
- Your VPN type (e.g. Cisco, AnyConnect, etc.)
- Your VPN server hostname (like a URL)
- A username and password created specifically for Simon to access your VPN
- Your VPN routes
- Forwarding rules for your VPN, including:
- The IP address of the database behind the VPN
- The database listening port
- The database destination port
- Any extra options required to connect to your VPN. For example:
We can establish a VPN with Cisco and NetExtender VPNs within 4 hours, and work with you to establish other VPNs within 48 hours.
Once this is done, complete step 2 in option 1 above.
Updated 4 months ago