In order to comply with privacy laws affecting the management of a contact's data, Simon Data offers a tool to easily forward requests to delete, amend, or export data of a contact. The introduction of regulations such as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), create the need for businesses to have systems that are privacy by design and privacy by default. As a sub-processor of data, Simon Data makes it simple to comply with the requests of data subjects.
In support of the "Right to be Forgotten", submit a request to delete a contact.
To rectify, update, or limit the scope of certain data being processed, submit a request to amend data.
To give a contact access to the data they have shared with you, submit a request to export data.
- Click the arrow next to your user name in the upper right corner of the window to expand the dropdown window.
- Select "Privacy Requests."
- Click "Create Privacy Request" in the upper right corner.
- Select the appropriate action from the list:
- Amend data for contact
- Delete contact
- Export data
- Select "Delete contact" from the dropdown menu.
- Enter the identifier of the contact you wish to delete. To delete multiple contacts, enter the identifiers as comma separated values.
- You will be presented with prompt to confirm you wish to delete a contact. Enter the letters "DELETE" into the field and select "I UNDERSTAND" to delete the contact. Note: this action cannot be undone or cancelled.
- Select "Amend data for contact" from the dropdown menu.
- Enter the identifier of the contact you wish to amend data for. To amend data for multiple contacts, enter the identifiers as comma separated values.
- In the Description field, enter summary of the data fields that need to be rectified or updated, including new values.
- Select "Export data" from the dropdown menu.
- Enter the identifier of the contact you wish to export data for. To export data for multiple contacts, enter the identifiers as comma separated values.
- When you are notified by email that the export is ready, return to the Privacy Requests page and click "View" for the request.
- At the top of the page, click "Download the exported data" to receive an export of the contact's data. The data will be in JSON format.
You can monitor the status of your request by returning to the Privacy Requests page. One of the following statuses will be displayed for each request:
- Requested: the request has been received
- In progress: the request is being processed
- Completed: the action you requested has been completed
Additionally, the submitting user will receive an email notification when your request is complete.
Updated about 2 years ago