Use Snowtriggers to stream live events into Snowflake
Author: Lyndsey Rathburn, Sr. Product Manager
If you're a Snowflake user, Snowtriggers create a streamlined path for effective campaigns both in implementation and action.
Snowflake remains the central data hub, and the tables that are already being updated on a regular basis are doing the heavy lift for you - triggering real-time alerts when a change in event takes place.
There are many use cases for Simon Data and Snowtriggers! Here are a few ideas:
- Send real-time notifications to customers such as flight delays
- Send automated, personalized messaging to improve the shopping experience
- Manage the customer support experience with personalized messaging
- Knowledge of Journey creation in Simon
- A template created for the action you'll take in your Journey (email, sms, etc.)
- Access to your Snowflake instance, and knowledge the tables within it
- Identify your Snowflake tables with the events and the derived events you want to use downstream. These are unique data fields relevant to an individual like:
- Flight number and location
- Clothing sizes and colors
- Credit Card offer and interest rate
- Create a Complex Events Processor Trigger dataset with the events you identified in step 1 so we can ingest the event. It'll look something like this:
- Use the Support Center to request an Event Triggered dataset against your Complex Events Processor Trigger dataset.
- Once your account manager notifies you the dataset is ready, create a Journey using that Complex Events Processor Trigger dataset as the event trigger:
- Add an email or sms action and use one of your custom templates:
- Publish your journey then use Journey Reporting to measure results.
Take it a Step Further
- Try adding a personalized product recommendation to your email template using Simon Predict.
- Experiment with different real-time delivery actions.
Updated about 1 month ago