With Braze, you can update user profile attributes to power your personalized messages. Send your Simon segment data to Braze with our native integration.
- Trigger a canvas or email
- Pass and Maintain Segment Properties
- Sync Traits and Contact Properties
- Send a Braze Campaign
To get started, you need to authenticate your Braze account within your Simon Data account.
|Braze REST API key
|A Braze REST API key with
campaigns.trigger.send permissions. Create this in Braze by navigating to Braze Dashboard > Developer Console > REST API Key > Create New API Key.
|Braze Dashboard URL
|Your REST endpoint URL. Your endpoint will depend on the Braze URL for your instance.
Changing data only
When using the Simon and Braze integration, Simon only sends deltas on each sync to Braze avoiding costs for irrelevant data. You choose what traits you want to sync; see Sync Traits and Contact Properties below.
To use the Braze integration first authenticate your Braze account in Simon:
- As an admin, log in to Simon.
- From the left navigation, click Integrations then scroll to Braze.
- Enter your Braze REST API Key and your Dashboard URL.
- Click Save Changes. A successful connection displays Connected in the window.
Once you've authenticated your Braze account in Simon you can add Braze actions to Flows and Journeys. Three actions are available:
- Sync Simon Segment Attribute: sync your segment details with a new or existing custom attribute in Braze.
- Trigger a Braze Canvas: trigger a Braze canvas that leverages your Simon segment data.
- Send a Braze Campaign: launch an entire Braze campaign from Simon.
Note, some actions are available for only specific Flow types or Journeys alone.
Choose specific traits to sync by default so you're only sending relevant data points to Braze and avoid charges for the fields you don't need updated (rather than updating every field for every customer in a segment every time, even if just one of their data points changed). To get started, see Trait Syncing.
Updated 3 months ago