Use your existing Airship integration to send push notifications right from Simon, triggered by segments and events.
|Name (Journeys Only)
|Optionally, update the name to display in the Journey block. Keep in mind each block must have a unique name, in case you're using this action in other parts of your Journey.
|Note (Journeys Only)
|Optionally, add a note to remind yourself why you placed the action here.
|Optionally, include a message title. This appears in bold when customers receive their notification on their mobile device. You can use any of the custom contexts described below.
|You have three options here:
Home Screen : Customers click to be taken to your Airship client app homepage. (This link is configured via your Airship Default Action URL).
Opens to a deep link : Links to a location in your native iOS or android mobile app. If you select this, enter your desired Deep Link URL in the field that appears below the drop down. You can use any of the custom contexts described below.
Opens to a web page: When clicked from the message, opens a webpage in a mobile browser (like Safari on Apple iPhone). If you select this, enter your desired Web Page URL in the field that appears below the drop down.
Compose a message using plain text and Custom context basics. A realtime preview displays in the right pane.
- From the Contact Tab, select any contact properties in Simon to personalize the push. For example, you could choose a first name property to personalize your greeting to the receiver.
- From the Lookup Tab, select any previously created lookups to use in your message content.
- From the Blocks Tab, select any existing content blocks you want to use in your message.
You can keep contacts that fall into a specific Airship Segment or Airship Tag by selecting a suppression type and then choosing the respective Segment name or entering the Tag name. You can choose include either one Segment or one Tag to suppress by.
Note, in a Journey you need to toggle this option on to see the Segment or Tag option.
Choose a frequency cap. Your options are a combination of:
- Max Sends per Period: Your push notification will send this many times per the period you choose in the right drop down. You can choose 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or Unlimited sends (per the period you choose to the right).
- Period: You can choose 1, 7, 14, 30, 60, 90, 180, 365 days, or N/A for no boundaries.
You can add metadata in a flow to be sent to Airship. We do send some default metadata for you including:
You can copy the name/value pairs from a previous flow by selecting the flow name from the drop down, or you can add new pairs:
- Click Add.
- Include a Name and Value.
- Toggle the Bell on/off to alert if there's empty Custom context basics.
- Click Edit to select and preview the value directly from Contacts, Lookups, or Blocks.
- You can add an unlimited number of metadata name/value pairs. Any metadata you add here flows through the channel and then back to Airship where they're called Campaign Categories .
Airship supports custom metadata via Custom context basics and Airship’s Campaign Categories feature. In addition, the following campaign categories are populated by default when you use this action in a Journey:
Airship is very strict with the number and size of campaign categories. You can only have 10 campaign categories; we use four, so only six remain for the you to define after.
Campaign categories can only be 64 characters long; we truncate flow and flow variant names to meet this criteria (as well as your defined campaign categories).
Optionally, but recommended, send a test to preview what your message will look like. Include an email you can check, then click Send.
Click OK to save your settings, then complete the flow as usual or review Journeys Guides.
Channel actions behave differently when used in different flows. The table below describes this action's functions for each flow type.
|Push notifications sent in batches of 100 max
|Sends a Push Notification when a newly added contact joins a segment or and event triggers the flow
|Sends a Push Notification to all newly added contacts on a scheduled basis
Updated 3 months ago