For each contact in your account, Simon creates a timeline of what actions the contact has taken (email events, purchase events, etc.), and all the contact's attributes (birthday, location, referral data, etc.) previously ingested into Simon. Together, this makes up the Unified Contact View.
There are two ways to open the Unified Contact View:
Via the left navigation
- Expand Segments.
- Click Contacts. The Unified Contact View search screen loads.
Via a specific segment
- From the segment, click the three dots next to the Edit button.
- Click Explore Members. The Unified Contact View search screen loads.
Once you've opened the Unified Contact View:
- Select a segment from the drop down (pre-selected if you opened from the specific segment).
- Enter search criteria and push return or enter on your keyboard. Search options include:
- email address
- first name
- last name
- phone number
- mobile number
You can also search by integration IDs if you use these channels:
- Eloqua ID or email
You can search partial keywords or full.
- Click a name. The Contact Profile displays.
You can choose what columns to include in your Unified Contact View.
- Click the settings gear icon below the segment drop down.
- Click the columns you want to see. Email is required and pre-selected. The rest of the attributes are sorted into categories; you can also search for a specific column.
- Click Save Changes.
If you're the account admin, you may save a default view that all users in your account will see when they visit this page. If you do not save the view as default, the attributes selected will only persist for this session.
After you click a name in the Unified Contact View, the contact profile displays. The contact profile has several components:
A. Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) - Account administrators can customize these "baseball cards" by clicking the settings gear icon. Some fields may require a customer pipe run to appear - these fields will appear as Pending.
B. Event History - the timeline of all events stored in Simon related to the contact. These events are displayed in chronological order. Choose a specific event, like Email events, from the drop down to filter the view to specific event types.
C. Contact Card - displays basic contact information such as email, phone number, and address. The data for this comes from your contact dataset and is configured during onboarding, but you can contact us if you need something changed.
D. Current Journey Membership - Displays the name and a link out to any journeys that a contact is currently in.
E. Segment Membership - this card will show you any segments that the contact is currently a part of that have been pinned. Users can pin important segments on the segment detail page (up to 20 segments). For example, you may want to pin a segment of contacts with high LTVs (lifetime value), so your customer support team can provide those contacts with a better support experience when they call or email in for help.
F. Information - this view displays all of the attributes that are stored about a contact within Simon.
Updated 3 months ago