Multi-factor authentication (MFA) adds an extra layer of security by requiring authentication beyond a simple username and password when logging into your Simon Data account.
You can configure Simon Data’s Multi-Factor Authentication to accept a code sent to your mobile phone either via the Google Authenticator App, or an SMS message.
MFA is available to all Simon Data customers that are not logging in using Single Sign-On (SSO). If your company uses SSO to sign in to Simon Data, you should enable MFA with your SSO provider. Contact your company’s IT team if you have questions about your company’s SSO configuration.
- As an individual, you can enable MFA for your account alone
- As an admin, you can require all individuals enable MFA for their accounts
If your admin requires you to enable MFA for your account, you'll be prompted at login to do so. Follow the steps on your screen.
You can also proactively enable MFA yourself with these steps:
Click your profile (your name on the bottom of the left navigation):
- Once enabled:
- You're prompted to set up your preferred MFA device
- Simon prompts you for one of these methods every time you log in
You must be an account administrator to require MFA for your entire organization
- From the left navigation, expand Admin Center, then click Settings.
- Under Security, click Authentication.
- Check Require Multi Factor Authentication.
Once MFA is enabled, Simon Data will prompt members of your organization to set up MFA the next time they log in.
Updated 3 months ago